In this article we are going to justify our title “Why LG V10 is a perfect smartphone for everyone”. LG mobiles had recently launched the LG V10 smartphone, here we are going to cover everything about LG v10 from Camera, Built quality, Materials, Software and hardware functionalities, and the final results after the comparison can be seen in detail below.
Key features of LG V10 (Hardware and Software)
- CPU and GPU: LG V10 has the same processor which is behind their previous flagship LG G4, Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808, Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A5 and has Adreno 418 GPU. LG and Qualcomm had collaborated together to build and optimize the performance of Snapdragon 808 processor. Well Snapdragon 808 is not the top variant of Qualcomm but it delivery good computational power with producing not much heat like Snapdragon 810 processor.
- Camera: Manual Photo and Video recording capabilities, Pervious LG G4 was the first smartphone to features a 16 mp camera with complete manual photo shooting capabilities, which were similar to features you can see on DSLR camera. With launch of LG V10, LG had proved that it’s a step ahead of other smartphone manufacturers in terms of camera functionalities, LG had managed to create a beautiful user interface with both video and photo shooting in real time manual mode options.
- Fingerprint scanner and unlock: LG had proven that, It’s not a backbencher with the integration of fingerprint scanner, which were seen on current generation flagship smartphones like Sony Xperia Z5 series, Samsung Galaxy and Note 5 series, Nexus 6p and Nexus 5x and of course on Apple iPhone 6 series etc. The fingerprint reader in the LG V10 is beautifully embedded into rear circular power button.
- Build Quality: LG V10 has really tough build quality with body covered with steel panels and a special roughed plastic which LG called’s as Dura Skin .
- Android Operating system: Currently LG V10 is running on Android 5.1.1 operating system but LG says they will rollout over air update to Android 6.0 (Android marshmallow) in last quarter of 2015 or in Q1 of 2016.
- Customizations: With the introduction of LG UX 4.0 User-Interface update few months ago, now LG’s user interface is one of the best user interface with plenty of Customizability which you can’t see in any flagship smartphone.
- External memory card slot, Removable Battery and back cover: Well most of the manufactures are withdraw support for removable back cover and battery functionalities, but LG sticks with basics and makes LG V10 with back cover, battery removability options and also provides memory card slot support which can support up to 2 Tb of memory card, this is futuristic because currently 200 GB memory card were the largest storage capacity memory cards available in the market.
LG V10 is a perfect smartphone in the market with these features, take in-depth look on specifications below.
Specifications of LG V10
|NETWORK||Technology||GSM / HSPA / LTE|
|Status||Coming soon. Exp. release 2015, October|
|BODY||Dimensions||159.6 x 79.3 x 8.6 mm (6.28 x 3.12 x 0.34 in)|
|Weight||192 g (6.77 oz)|
|– Fingerprint sensor
– MIL-STD-810G certified – shock resistant
|DISPLAY||Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||5.7 inches (~70.8% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1440 x 2560 pixels (~515 ppi pixel density)|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 4|
|– Secondary display, 160 x 1040 pixels, 2.1 inches|
|PLATFORM||OS||Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808|
|CPU||Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57|
|MEMORY||Card slot||microSD, up to 128 GB|
|Internal||64 GB, 4 GB RAM|
|CAMERA||Primary||16 MP, 5312 x 2988 pixels, laser autofocus, optical image stabilization, LED flash|
|Features||1/2.6” sensor size, simultaneous video and image recording, geo-tagging, face detection, HDR|
|Video||[email protected], [email protected], optical stabilization, HDR, stereo sound rec.|
|Secondary||5 MP Dual camera, Normal and wide angle camera.|
|SOUND||Alert types||Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones|
|– Hi-Fi DAC sound|
|COMMS||WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v4.1, A2DP, LE, apt-X|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS|
|Radio||To be confirmed|
|FEATURES||Sensors||Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum|
|Messaging||SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM|
|– Fast battery charging: 50% in 40 min (Quick Charge 2.0)
– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
– MP4/DviX/XviD/H.264/WMV player
– MP3/WAV/FLAC/eAAC+/WMA player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor
|BATTERY||Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery|
|MISC||Colors||Space Black, Luxe White, Modern Beige, Ocean Blue, Opal Blue|
Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. | Via GSMarena.
Why LG V10 is a perfect smartphone : Watch Official Product Video
LG V10 is a perfect smartphone to challenge uncommon situations which can happen in your life, although this is not a waterproof smartphone but we think it can handle water splits and slight rain/wet conditions.