First of all we need to understand what is google pagerank? and how it ranks a website. To understand pagerank we will do small experiment, follow below steps.
Open Google search in your internet browser and type ‘eg: news or something else ‘ google will show many results. But which is the best and most popular site? and which site will get first position.? how to calculate? this is big problem for Google.
Larry Page, co-founder of google came came with a brilliant solution. The “Pagerank” algorithm. It is patented for Stanford University, Later Google bought Pagerank patents from stanford university for $336 million in 2005.
What is Google pagerank?
- Pagerank is a algorithm, used by Google Search Engine to assigns importance to nodes in a linked websites, such as any site of the world wide web or any other hypermedia database. For more information on algorithm check here (wikipedia).
How Pagerank works.?
- The rank assigned to a website is calculated from the ranks of websites pointing to it.
- The rank value indicates an importance of a particular page. A hyperlink to a page counts as a vote of support. The PageRank of a page is defined recursively and depends on the number and PageRank metric of all pages that link to it (“incoming links”). A page that is linked to by many pages with high PageRank receives a high rank itself. If there are no links to a web page there is no support for that page.
What does Pagerank 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ranks mean? Which is Good, & Best.?
- You’re Performance is too bad – at least you are listed.
- You’re Performance bad, but you have potential to go move up.
- You’re Average. You have good information.
- You’re Above average. You’re speeding away from the majority.
- You’re Good. Page Rank 5 will usually pop up on the first page of some searches.
- You’re Great. You’ve worked hard and have great information.
- You’re One of the top sites.
- You’re Everyone’s needs you.
- You’re Most important, like Youtube, Gmail, Facebook, Amazon.
- You’re The Best, (you are your own competition) .
List of few Top Pagerank sites
PR 10. US Goverment Website.(http://www.usa.gov/)
PR 10. Adobe – Adobe Reader Download. ( http://get.adobe.com/reader/ )
PR 10. Adobe – Adobe Flash Player Download. ( http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ )
PR 10. United States Department of Health and Human Services. ( http://www.hhs.gov/ )
PR 10. Miibeian. ( http://www.miibeian.gov.cn/ )
PR 10. Social Bookmarking Sharing Button Widget. ( http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php )
PR 10. Europeana. ( http://www.europeana.eu/portal/ )
PR 10. EUA – European University Association. ( http://www.eua.be/ )
PR 10. Universitas 21. ( http://www.universitas21.com/ )
PR 10. United Nations. ( http://www.un.org/en/ )
Pagerank list of very popular sites in august 2012 and present (May 2013)
|PageRank domains||August 2012||May 2013|
If you have any suggest or doubts then share your thoughts with us in below comments.
Like this information, then spend few seconds and share us.