Tether is one of the best feature todays smartphones. Many of people really don’t know what is tethering and how to use tether feature, In this tutorial you will be learning all information and the essential knowledge. This feature enables us to connect our Laptop or other PDA device to Internet. Tether turns your internet enabled device as a modem for another device for the internet connectivity. This connection is usually made through USB (cable) or wirelessly through WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity.
- Internet Anywhere: Tether is an application that just runs directly on your smartphone. This means you can access the internet anywhere, just like you could with an air card. Even if you’re stuck in the middle of no where with no available wifi hotspots, Tether will work through your cell phone’s data plan.
- Easy Setup: At Tether we pride ourselves on being the easiest solution. All you need to do is run Tether on your smartphone and on your computer, establish a connection and you’re good to go. No fumbling with settings or configurations!
- Fast Speeds: In addition to being the easiest solution, we pride ourselves on being the fastest solution out there. Don’t believe us? Give us a shot versus any of our competitors or even air cards. We know you will be pleasantly surprised.
- Carrier Independent: Tether has been used on carriers all over the world. You can travel country to country without worrying how to set it up depending on the new carrier network you may be roaming on.
- Compatibility: Tether is currently compatible on the BlackBerry, Android & iPhone platforms. The computer component can run on either any Mac or Windows computer.
This will be very helpful when you have been stuck in an airport, hotel room, coffee shop, or on the road with no Internet? How does it works.?
- Firstly you need, tether applications installed on your Laptop and Smartphone.
- Connectivity : You can connect through USB or Wirelessly (WiFi or Bluetooth).
- Then turn on Tether on your smartphone.
The software which you have installed in your Laptop will show the amount of packets downloaded or upload through your mobile data plan. (If anything goes wrong packets will be inactive.)
Also read :
In this tutorial we are demonstrating tether on a android device.
Goto to tether official website. [Tethering for BlackBerry, iPhone & Android | Tether.com] Click the “Get Started” Button. Fill the details and click “Create My Account” or If you are already registered then login to continue. (Account is not essential) After creating your account you will redirected to Download page. In our scenario we had chosen to demonstrate with Android. Select “Android”.
- Download the tethering application for windows here.
- Before we continue make sure that you had enabled “USB debugging” on your Android Smartphone. If not go to Settings > Applications > Development and check USB debugging.
- Install the tether software which you have downloaded, this will install USB drivers for your mobile.
- Run Tether application on your PC and on your Android. You will be prompted to select to choose your platform and USB connection.
If You had establish internet connection, you should now see data/packets on Tether. Tether’s site will be opened will if the connection wizard goes successfull. Download tether application for BlackBerry, iPhone & Android .
Also read :